The digital studio at Journey Group seeks an editor/writer with experience in journalism, marketing or a similar field.
- An exceptional writer and copy editor
- Great at collaborating with a team to create clear and accurate content for a variety of channels (websites, blogs, email and social media)
- Eager to be involved at all levels of digital publishing, from strategy to execution, analytics and reporting
- Able to pivot between a number of projects and clients throughout a given day or week
- A firm believer that words, images, media and design should all be considered together
- Detail-oriented with a fervor for getting things right
- Familiar with the AP Style Guide and open to creatively bending the rules
- Able to take ideas and run with them
- Flexible, resourceful and eager to learn
You excel at…
- Creating high-quality writing that reflects the desired voice of a brand and drives results
- Building expertise in each client’s market through online research and interviewing subject-matter experts
- Bringing fresh content ideas to editorial planning sessions
- Hitting deadlines and sticking to an editorial calendar
- Managing, growing and getting value out of a social community
You know or will be eager to learn…
- Web content best practices, including on-page SEO
- How to work within a content management system
- Google Analytics, Parse.ly, and various reporting tools
Journey Group is an editorial design agency located in Charlottesville, Virginia: a beautiful college town rich in history, culture and mountain vistas. From concept to creation, our print and digital studios design artifacts and experiences that inspire action. We serve an amazing client list of cultural institutions and non-profit organizations in humanitarian aid, advocacy and higher education.
Our work is fueled by collaboration and we genuinely enjoy one another’s company. Our office, a thoughtfully restored, century-old home, is situated just off Charlottesville’s downtown pedestrian mall. Benefits include—but certainly aren’t limited to—a well-stocked fridge, health and dental insurance, fireplaces, 401K plan, a ping pong table, and discounted membership at a world-class health club.